Monday, October 15, 2007

Tiny stitches


When I was last visiting my parents, I was asking my Mom to show me some embroidered pillow cases that my Grandmother and Great-grandmother had done. I have seen beautiful running stitches before, but I took special notice when looking at these this time. It reminded me of both of them and how alike they were. Both my Grandmothers would sit and be working on some kind of embroidery or crocheting whenever I would come over. They would also have projects for me when I would visit during the summer.

After seeing the stitches, I decided it was time to work on some embroidery. I found some elf patterns on http://www.weewonderfuls.com/ and I will be doing one for each of my children. I think I will turn it into a small wall display when I am done. I am enjoying all of the tiny stitches.

No comments: