Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pink shower



    There was a baby shower this weekend.  It was making me so happy to create ideas and food around a pink theme.  There were Gerbera Daisies in shades of pink and ribbon accents.  It was beautiful.  I should have taken more pictures, but sometimes when you are in the middle of it you're not thinking about anything, but enjoying yourself!  
    I did want to make macaroons in light green and pink, but then I thought I would be spending eternity in the kitchen at the wrong time of year.  Here's why...It's January!  I once brought cupcakes to a social gathering of women in January.  Though they looked delicious no one would touch them because they all began their diets.  So with the baby shower, I decided that they can't reject popcorn in January I used this idea from Heidi Swapp.  I couldn't find the recipe so I made one up.  It had pink white chocolate, (if that makes sense) and crushed starlite mints.  I worked in batches laying out the popcorn on a cookie sheet and slow streaming the melted chocolate, then the mint dust.  I even used microwave popcorn for a shortcut.  It was such a hit I bought a huge white bowl just for the occasion and there was only a tiny bit left.  I will be making this recipe again.  

1 comment:

The Duckworth Family said...

Hey! I wish you did take more pictures! We love doing baby showers and I am currently planning one for my sister-in-law having her first girl and the first one after 7 boy grandbabies! So we are super excited, you may have to share more about that shower.